Who We Are
The Alberta Herbalists Association (AHA) held our first official Annual General Meeting on October 27th, 2016. A council of members worked deligently to organize the labour-intensive process of setting up a professional association to represent the interests of Albertan Herbalists from all cultures and educations.
The dream to create a registered, self-regulating organization dedicated
to the promotion and practice of herbalism was realized in the summer of 2017, when our organization officially became a society in Alberta.
The AHA’s main goals are to uphold high standards of education and practice of its members, and to unite and represent the herbalist community of Alberta.
- Establish regulation, educational standards, training, code of ethics, and support for members
- Promote public awareness of the use of herbs for healing
- Provide educational and networking opportunities for herbalists and the public
- Support and stimulate continuing education and research in phytotherapy
- Assistance to government and other agencies and institutions in recognizing our role in facilitating health and wellness
Board of Directors
- President: Jeananne Laing, ClH
- Vice President: Kalyn Kodiak. ClH
- Registrar: Sarah Kellett, MH
- Treasurer: Zoe Lynne, ClH
- Secretary: Rebecca Saunders, PH
- Board Member: Bree Nabholz, Dip. Phyto.
- Member-at-large: Cheyenne Caza, PH
- Member-at-large: Becki Brouwer
Committees function to advance the Mission of the Association, to bring value to our members, and to create community.